New cornsnake morph guide page requests

The latest updates to the IV Guide to cornsnake morphs
eeji
Administrator

Re: New cornsnake morph guide page requests

by eeji » 22 Jan 2017, 22:38

Kat4Dead wrote:My two Butter Tessera Motley males, both possible het for Anery.
Hatched in October 2016.

Thank you, new page is added :)

Sissyt213

by Sissyt213 » 05 Mar 2017, 15:12

Why haven't you added redfactor to the morph list. We all know it exists, we all know it's dominant to wild-type and we all know there's a super form. Also, while speaking of redfactor, if you add redfactor to the morph list, it would be good to update that coral snows and salmon snows are not strawberry and snow but in fact are redfactor and snow, as coral snow is het redfactor and snow. As well as correcting coral ghosts to redfactor + ghost, and adding coral anery to the morph list. You'd also be able to include Don Soderberg's cayenne fires which is redfactor amel and diffused. I'm finding Ian's is so behind on the morphs. Redcoat isn't in there either. If you need more info on redfactor, you should talk to Don about redfactor and as far as redcoat, you should talk to Donovan Winterberg. I think there's enough info out there now on the two that it can be added since it's been requested since way back in 2014. I know that someone mentioned yellow factor at the same time, but I don't believe it's being studied, much less proven. If anything, I think it's just normal variation. The only thing I can say about caramel is that I think that caramel is an incomplete dominant morph because of the fact that most hatchlings that are from caramel clutches that are het for caramel can be easily distinguished from those that aren't het for caramel. I do have a project in the works to prove that theory, at the moment.
0.1 bloodred het lav stripe
0.1 p/s granite het hypo lav
0.1 striped tess het caramel amel/ultra
0.1 tess het amel/ultra hypo/strawberry
0.1 plasma stripe
0.1 Hypoberry het ultra/amel
0.1 Amel stripe het lav
1.1 salmon snow
1.0 ultramel stripe het lav
1.0 moonstone blood
1.1 Lava het cinder stripe
1.0 opal blood
1.0 hypoberry amel tess
0.1 plasma tess het amel
1.0 strawberry het lav
0.1 ice tess het amel
1.0 lava het snow
1.0 ultramel tess het caramel diff

eeji
Administrator

by eeji » 06 Mar 2017, 21:50

Yes I know it exists, no I didn't know its dominant, and I didn't know there is a 'super' - What definition are you using for 'super'?
I don't know if red factor and red coat are the same or different (believe me, I've asked people until I'm blue in the face and got either no reply or no straight answer :( )
The morphs that need updating definitely do need updating, but I need firm information.

Sissyt213

by Sissyt213 » 08 Apr 2017, 04:27

eeji wrote:Yes I know it exists, no I didn't know its dominant, and I didn't know there is a 'super' - What definition are you using for 'super'?
I don't know if red factor and red coat are the same or different (believe me, I've asked people until I'm blue in the face and got either no reply or no straight answer :( )
The morphs that need updating definitely do need updating, but I need firm information.

Redfactor is dominant to wild-type and yes there are two forms of redfactor het redfactor which is a single gene crediting the coral in most of the coral morphs like coral snow, coral anery etc. When you have two mutated redfactor genes, you get what is considered the salmon in salmon snows. It's much more drastic in color than the het redfactor. Redcoat on the other hand is recessive to wild-type and at least from my understanding affects the production of melanin in a way that I'm not really familiar with. The best source of information on redcoat would be Donovan Winterberg. He may also be able to provide you with more information on the redfactor as well. If he isn't able to help with redfactor, I'm sure Don Soderberg could provide you with more info. Though I believe he calls it red mask. It is widely accepted and known as redfactor though. I'll see what I can dig up for you if possible.
0.1 bloodred het lav stripe
0.1 p/s granite het hypo lav
0.1 striped tess het caramel amel/ultra
0.1 tess het amel/ultra hypo/strawberry
0.1 plasma stripe
0.1 Hypoberry het ultra/amel
0.1 Amel stripe het lav
1.1 salmon snow
1.0 ultramel stripe het lav
1.0 moonstone blood
1.1 Lava het cinder stripe
1.0 opal blood
1.0 hypoberry amel tess
0.1 plasma tess het amel
1.0 strawberry het lav
0.1 ice tess het amel
1.0 lava het snow
1.0 ultramel tess het caramel diff

eeji
Administrator

by eeji » 09 Apr 2017, 15:17

That would make red factor incomplete dominant if there is a different phenotype for het/homo? Any and all info would be a great help as this really does need to be sorted out in the guide :thumbs:

Joe Was

by Joe Was » 10 Apr 2017, 19:47

I have my own Redcoat line that has been isolated from a normal Bloodred line. There are still more questions than definitive answers for Redcoat/Red-Factor.

Redcoat in my line defines itself by being visually apparent in newborns. What is interesting is in true visual Redcoats, at least in my line, is it presents in Bloodreds that have full belly patterns and no visual diffusion. The great part of these individuals is this true visual Redcoat will in the first generation impart the same Redcoat to offspring. Everything, I have thrown at it these visual Redcoats give some degree of Redcoat to its direct first generation offspring.

The second generation is not so stright forward though. It needs more work to map the actual pattern of inheritance in generations beyond the first generation. Direct offspring of these Bloodred visual Redcoats when bred are all over the place.

If interested, I will post a photo of the most resent Bloodred visual Redcoat that I currently have.
Remember, a setup for your animal(s) will in most cases cost you more than your animal. Most, animals eat more than many sources say.

Return to “IV Guide to Cornsnake Morphs”