Settings Display Options

FAQs, 'How to' guides, news, help and suggestions for using the site.
Joe Was

Settings Display Options

by Joe Was » 21 Apr 2017, 18:01

All the Display Options seem to display posts out of order. The settings are missing Order by Date. If the time option is selected the times of the posts are ordered but not the dates. So, we get something like:
2016 at 8:06.
2008 at 8:37.
2011 at 8:44.
For the diaplay order of the posts.
Rather than say newest posts to oldest posts.

What is the correct settings to display Forum posts newest to oldest?
As Asending - Desending, appears to be secondary to the other available choices selected.
Remember, a setup for your animal(s) will in most cases cost you more than your animal. Most, animals eat more than many sources say.

Reptile Lover 23

Re: Settings Display Options

by Reptile Lover 23 » 22 Apr 2017, 01:43

under board preferences, Edit display options, set the Display topics ordering by: too (Replies) instead of (post time) then the latest reply to a topic should be at the top.... i think
Rexy (cornsnake) - 8yr old female, Classic carolina CB 2009
Jarvis (cornsnake) - 2yr old male, Anery CB 2015
Gregg (bearded dragon) - 4-5 yr old male, leather back CB 2009
Crestie (crested gecko) - 10month old female, harlequin CB 2016
Puddles (crested gecko) - 5month old female, harlequin CB 2016

Joe Was

by Joe Was » 22 Apr 2017, 15:03

Reptile Lover 23 wrote:under board preferences, Edit display options, set the Display topics ordering by: too (Replies) instead of (post time) then the latest reply to a topic should be at the top.... i think

Thanks, just tried it and re-loaded. Same issue, the Forums list of topics is still random-like and the topic list has new and old topics intermixed.

In this case it looks like the topic's indicated date is the original posts first date and not the date of the reply. It is probably correct and showing the newest update to the topic once selected.

Searching historically in a Forum manually is where the topics look oddly dated by the original topic creation date and not the date of the most recent reply date.

The issue is if we want to post a topic we can search for the topic first and if found post a reply rather than create a new topic. It is more difficult when the key date is the original creation date rather than the last reply date.

I can live with a utility search for topics rather than browsing a Forum. Just a bit different from the other boards.
Remember, a setup for your animal(s) will in most cases cost you more than your animal. Most, animals eat more than many sources say.

Reptile Lover 23

by Reptile Lover 23 » 22 Apr 2017, 15:41

yeah i get what you mean, i have had forum's in the past i used E107 cms and a forum plugin that came with it, it was a fantastic forum with loads of settings for users etc.... but no one used the forum so shut it down in the end, i like this forum tho! i just think people need to be more active, (thats my opinion) im not slating the site! the sites fantastic, but as i used to know how things go to run a forum it aint easy, (but i get what you mean! sorry if this is off topic abit.)
Rexy (cornsnake) - 8yr old female, Classic carolina CB 2009
Jarvis (cornsnake) - 2yr old male, Anery CB 2015
Gregg (bearded dragon) - 4-5 yr old male, leather back CB 2009
Crestie (crested gecko) - 10month old female, harlequin CB 2016
Puddles (crested gecko) - 5month old female, harlequin CB 2016

eeji
Administrator

by eeji » 23 Apr 2017, 21:07

The default setting is to order by the last reply, there is no option to order by post date in the software used which I've never actually noticed before :?

Return to “News, Help, Suggestions and FAQs”