Struggling to get bp feeding

Cold blooded stuff that aren't cornsnakes
strawberrysnow

Struggling to get bp feeding

by strawberrysnow » 17 Jul 2016, 19:58

I purchased a young Spark ball python (hatched 2015) from a breeder at the IHS show in Doncaster on 19/06/16 and was told she fed well, but she was blue when I got her so I left her a week to settle in before trying her with food.. She was handled a little in the first few days to give her a full check over but apart from that I've tried to leave her alone as much as possible apart from cleaning etc. I've offered her f/t mice every week with no luck, tried superheating, braining, feeding in the dark, leaving it in overnight etc to no avail, but she acts like she's hungry until food is given to her then she turns away from it and wants nothing to do with it... It's now been just over a month in my care, her Viv sits at 32c at the hot end and cools down to 28c at the cooler end, and i don't know when she last ate, I'm at a loss of what to do, please help!

klwegner

Re: Struggling to get bp feeding

by klwegner » 04 Aug 2016, 03:02

I am having the same problem with a 6 month old Calico BP. Have tried the same things as you as well. I hope someone can give us some new ideas.

Return to “Other Snakes, Lizards, Torts & Turtles, Amphibians and Bugs”