Good mate for my male snow

Genetics and morph chat, help and advice. If you want help identifying a morph please use the Identification forum below.
Snakedietrich

Good mate for my male snow

by Snakedietrich » 08 Jan 2017, 20:01

Hi, in the Spring I would like to breed my male snow, so I'll be purchasing a female soon. Can anyone suggest to me what might be a good mate for him. He is a regular snow with no hets so he is Amelanistic + Anerythristic. I'd Appreciate any help thanks!

Balaena

Re: Good mate for my male snow

by Balaena » 08 Jan 2017, 20:19

Just to be sure, did you educate yourself in breeding corn snakes? Are you prepared to take care about 10-30 eggs/babies?

If your male doesn't have any hets you could only work with anery and amel genes.
If you want as many possible color combination as you can, you should get a normal het. snow (het. amel + het. anery) female. In this case you could get 25% normal, 25% amel, 25% anery and 25% snow offsprings. (Note that these are mathematical odds, life can be more tricky.)

But you can get an amel het. anery or an anery het. amel female. In these cases you wont get normal babies, but amels and snows or anerys and snows.

Of course you can get a snake with other genes too e.g. motley het. snow - in this case all babies will be het. motley.

Etc...

Snakedietrich

by Snakedietrich » 08 Jan 2017, 21:49

Thank you so much! I am pretty well educated I have had 2 clutches through past two years with my ghosts het motley. Thanks!

eeji
Administrator

by eeji » 09 Jan 2017, 23:30

As well as amel and anery, you could also look at combinations with tessera, toffee, or ultra too if you want to see morphs in the first generation.

Have a play on the morph calculator to see what you can come up with: http://iansvivarium.com/morphcalculator

Snakedietrich

by Snakedietrich » 11 Jan 2017, 02:51

Thank you!

Return to “Genetics & Morphs”