Normal or Okeetee?

If you are unsure what morph a cornsnake is, post a photo here for other members to help.
feathers_n_scales

Normal or Okeetee?

by feathers_n_scales » 17 Apr 2017, 19:53

My girlfriend and I are not quite sure of her snake, Fawkes. He's almost 3 years old. We have 2 other normals but he looks more like an Okeetee than the others!
Help!
https://imgur.com/gallery/mEO77
-Up and coming hobby breeder-

-Rehabilitating and rehoming unwanted reptiles with the love of my life-

-Feel free to contact me! Meeting new people and learning is why I joined this site!-

Shiari

Re: Normal or Okeetee?

by Shiari » 18 Apr 2017, 07:15

Normal. Saddle edges are definitely not thick enough to be considered okeetee-phase.

lullabiez

by lullabiez » 18 May 2017, 04:07

Normal, black banding around the saddle is thin....

Joe Was

by Joe Was » 18 May 2017, 10:00

The photos are of a very good Classic Corn normal. Some Okeetees are not actually true Okeetees but, are normals line bred to resemble the classic Okeetee look. Yours may be a near Okeetee from one of an attempt to work with the Okeetee pattern, though not close enough to actually be called an Okeetee type. Maybe, a normal that is het for other things, as a normal from a cross that used an Okeetee parent - resulting in hets or a percentage of normals and something else?

In any case its a good looking classic normal. The distinction here is the classic is uniform and well defined in its contrasting pattern. A regular normal is a wild looking type of mixed breeding that trends to display a wild look rather than a morph. In that type of wild looking normal the pattern is irregular and in lower contrasts due to the mixed genetics - basically a bit like, in dogs a defined type verses a mut. Yours, is a good Classic Corn and not a general mut that is a wild type leftover from some cross.

We sell Classic Corns and Normal Corns that make that distinction. Yours is the Classic Corn type and not the general normal type.
Remember, a setup for your animal(s) will in most cases cost you more than your animal. Most, animals eat more than many sources say.

Return to “Identification”